Simple butter chicken recipe using your Instant Pot and The Spice Collective's Chicken Makhani spice blend
- 14oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast whole
- 2 1/2 tbsp The Spice Collective Butter Chicken spice blend
- 4 oz butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Using the “Saute” setting on the Instant Pot, heat oil and add in onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken, and Chicken Makhani Spice Blend, mix well to incorporate the ingredients and coat chicken in liquid and seasonings.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot lid, set to “High Pressure” for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, press “Cancel”, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then manually release the remaining steam by opening the vent.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken, place on cutting board and cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces, set aside while sauce cools for 5-10 minutes.
- Using an immersion hand blender, blend together all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, stir in the butter, cream, and cilantro.
- Add the chicken pieces into the sauce and stir. Add additional salt to taste.
- Top with cilantro. Serve with your favorite naan or basmati rice.
Other recipes you might like